Sunday, September 24, 2000

Mid-Night Musings

I'm writing this at 2:00 a.m., so don't expect me to be coherent. It's been a full day, starting with arising at 4 a.m. because I'd gone to sleep at 9:30. At 4 a.m., I should have gotten some work done, but instead I played on the computer. For an hour, since it was quiet, I played Thursday's Internet interview with Steve so I could make a tape of it to play for Walt later. Great interview, complete with some songs. I recommend it.

After Peggy woke up, we played on the computer some (the new one) and she taught me some neat stuff, as well as installed some good graphics software.

We left Peggy here for the afternoon so she could do some ironing and play on the computer. Walt, his mother and I went to Petaluma to have a barbecue dinner with Walt's brother, his wife, and visiting Irish relatives, which was wonderful fun, since we haven't seen them for about four years and they never expected they would have the opportunity to travel to California.

We got home around 11:30 and Peggy was here to show me a slide show program she'd installed on the computer, and then left me playing with it until I realized I had to put together a journal entry and get to bed.

The sad thing about this weekend is that it is to be Buddy's last. We haven't had the dog long,but his cancer is progressing and he's in a lot of pain now. The following photo shows how he holds his leg all the time. It's about 3 times normal size and he's started to whine a lot. We've made arrangements to have him put down Monday morning. He's been a sweet dog. I wish we had more time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment